Families / Individuals

The attorneys at Froman Law Firm have considerable experience helping families and individuals meet their immigration needs.  We regularly prepare family-based immigrant petitions, defend clients in deportation proceedings, and help individuals obtain temporary visas.

  • Special Immigrant Visas

    The intricate U.S. immigration laws contain certain provisions that are aimed at protecting specific classes of immigrants. Some of the specific classes of persons who may be eligible for special immigrant visas include U.S. Armed Forces Servicemembers, Battered Spouses and Children, Returning Residents, Religious Workers, and Juvenile Wards.
  • Nonimmigrant Visas

    The most commonly issued type of nonimmigrant visa is the visitor's visa. A person can obtain a visitor's visa to enter the United States for up to six months for either business purposes or pleasure. A visitor's visa works well for a person who lives outside the United States, but who needs to come periodically to the United...
  • Exchange Visitors & Students

    There are many educational and exchange programs available to foreigners wishing to come to the United States. These range from study at the university level to participation in a special exchange program.
  • Removal Defense Litigation

    Being placed in removal proceedings can be a frightening and stressful experience. Fortunately, there are multiple defenses to removal which may be used not only to allow the person to remain in the United States during the duration of the proceedings, but also to establish a legalized status in the United States.
  • Appeals

    If your petition or application is denied, an appeal or motion to reopen or reconsider the matter may be possible. At Froman Law Firm, we have experience in preparing appeals and motions to various immigration agencies, including the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and the Board of Alien Labor...
  • Waivers

    Often if a person wants to apply for a temporary visa or permanent residence, he or she may need a waiver to do so. There are many reasons why a person might need a waiver. For example, a person who entered the United States illegally but now wishes to apply for permanent residence must request a waiver of the 10-year bar that he received for...
  • Family Immigration & Consular Processing

    An individual may obtain a temporary visa, permanent residency, or citizenship through a family member who is a U.S. citizen, or in some instances, a permanent resident.
  • Citizenship & Naturalization

    A person can become a citizen of the United States either by birth or adoption or through naturalization. If any of your parents or grandparents was a U.S. citizen, you may be, too. Children may become citizens in certain instances when their parents become citizens. Find out if you already are or may be eligible to become a U.S. citizen.